CALGARY, Alta. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced Monday the latest edition of its Top 20 Rankings, which concluded for the period ending October 30.
Back atop the listings, in the 118-team CJHL, for another week are the Battlefords North Stars (SJHL).
Still unbeaten in regulation play, to date, in Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League action this season at 15-0-1-1, the North Stars collected three of a possible four points over the weekend with a home win and a narrow away setback in overtime against division division rival, the No. 8 Humboldt Broncos.
Moving up to No. 2 nationally are the Collingwood Blues (OJHL).
Collingwood presently paces the Ontario Junior Hockey League in winning percentage at .933 while sporting a 14-1-0-0 record, while having won five consecutive contests.
Behind the Blues at No. 3 are fellow OJHL side, the Toronto Jr. Canadiens.
Toronto is an impressive 18-2-0-0 in league play while featuring a solid 11-0 record as the visiting team.
Up to No. 4 is perennial CJHL power, the Brooks Bandits (AJHL).
The defending Centennial Cup champions top the table in the Alberta Junior Hockey League, having gone 16-1-1-1 this season, and wrapped up October with a 10-0-0-1 month.
At No. 5 are the Terrebonne Cobras of the Quebec AAA Junior Hockey League.
Recording the best win mark in the 13-team LHJAAAQ at .875, Terrebonne enters play this week with a record of 14-2-0-0 overall.
The following are the CJHL Top 20 Rankings, as well as the five Honourable Mention clubs, for the period ending Oct. 30:
CJHL TOP 20 (As of Oct. 31, 2022)
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (1)
2. Collingwood Blues (OJHL) (7)
3. Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL) (6)
4. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (8)
5. Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ) (3)
6. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (10)
7. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (5)
8. Humboldt Broncos (SJHL) (9)
9. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (4)
10. Milton Menace (OJHL) (2)
11. Greater Sudbury Cubs (NOJHL) (11)
12. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (14)
13. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (HM)
14. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (12)
15. Panthères de St-Jérôme (LHJAAAQ) (15)
16. Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL) (18)
17. Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL) (HM)
18. Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (13)
19. Burlington Cougars (OJHL) (NR)
20. Dryden GM Ice Dogs (SIJHL) (NR)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Smiths Falls Bears (CCHL); Hearst Lumberjacks (NOJHL); Haliburton County Huskies (OJHL); Cobourg Cougars (OJHL); Truro Bearcats (MHL).
Photo credit: Sudbury Light Event Photography