The Rayside Balfour Canadians organization is very eager and optimistic to finally get back to playing normal hockey once again and welcoming hockey fans back to our games.
It is our goal to insure that we are able to have everything in place in time for our Home Opener in September.
At this point in time, the Province, the Health Units, the Ontario Hockey Federation and the Municipality of Greater Sudbury remain uncertain as to what the Return-to-the-Arenas will look like in September.
For example, some of the unknown questions that remain are:
- What will the Arenas and teams be doing to insure the proper sanitization of the seating area, washrooms and team dressing room?
- What percentage of seats (arena capacity) will be permitted?
- Will social distancing be required?
- Will facemasks remain a requirement in public facilities?
- What are the entrance requirements for fans? Ie. Proof of double-vaccination?
- Will there be Food and Beverage restrictions?
- Will there be Suite Usage restrictions?
The Health and safety of our players, our fans and our team and arena staff remain our #1 priority. We will not jeopardize anyone’s health and safety by jumping-the-queue and advertising a pre-pandemic-like season – without knowing all of the facts and restrictions that will be in place.
Until such time that we are made fully-aware of the answers to the above questions, and we are able to accurately communicate those details to our fans, we will not be selling any season tickets or game tickets. In our view, it is not fair to sell tickets for any event until we are able to provide full disclosure as to what the actual games and the hockey season will look like.
As always, we appreciate the patience and understanding of the public, our fans, our sponsors.
Thank you, enjoy your summer and stay safe!
Blaine Smith, Managing Director
Rayside Balfour Canadians Jr. A Hockey Club